With decades of experience in camping in Tanzania, Ranger Safaris has perfected the luxury tented camping experience. We offer two different types of camping experiences - both with the same exacting standards.
First is our private mobile tented experience. Here, the camp is set in an exclusive site within a national park or the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The camp is used only by you, your family and friends and set to your specific requirements. It is an intimate experience as you truly are surrounded by the bush. It should be noted that these camps take a full day to set and strike, and the camp does not follow you on your itinerary. Should you have a programme with more than one location in a private mobile camp, this would generally mean separate camps and crews. Our private luxury mobile camps are available year round.
As an alternative to the fully private experience, we also offer a semi-permanent luxury tented camp in Serengeti National Park. Our Serengeti Explorer Camp
is set in southern Serengeti near Ndutu from mid-December through March. From June, the camp is located in the north west Serengeti near the Grumeti River. In later months, the camp moves to the north east region following the movement of the herds. Serengeti Explorer camp does not operate during April, May, November and early December.
Each camp, semi-permanent or shared, offers:
- Up to ten fully furnished tents with 32 square metres under canvas
- Tents are en suite with toilets and showers
- Tents can be set (with advanced notice) having one double or two single beds
- For families, we can add an additional bed for a child sharing
- Tents have spacious verandas for enjoying the sights and sounds of nature
- A dining tent for meals cooked to perfection by your personal chef and served by the camp’s waiter
- A camp fire (conditions permitting) to enjoy your evening under the stars
- Afternoon tea, dinner, breakfast and a choice of lunch served al fresco at the camp or a picnic lunch for extended game viewing
- Special meal requests such as vegetarian and low salt diets can be catered to with advanced notice
- Included are local beer, house wine, soft drinks and mineral water
- Additional beverages including champagne, spirits, vintage wine and imported beer can be purchased at the camp. With advance notice, we can also arrange most specialty drinks
- The camp provides snacks and beverages (hot coffee for early mornings and cold beverages for afternoons) for your vehicle
- Laundry and shoe cleaning service are available
- The camps are set in the best national park exclusive sites to get you closer to the game viewing action and relocate based on the movement of the migration
- Recharging points available for cameras and laptops
For details on our shared camping, please visit the website for Serengeti Explorer Camp