For years, the management and staff of Ranger Safaris have supported initiatives that were of benefit to the environment, helped protect the environment and aided the communities in which we work. Our mission statements make the promotion of ecotourism and environmentally aware policies mandatory in every aspect of our business.
In our offices
Our offices have adopted a number of policies to reuse, recycle and conserve wherever possible.
- Paper conservation efforts such as two sided printing
- Changes to energy efficient lighting
- Powering off computers during lunches and when leaving for the day
- Using recycled paper where possible (including our price list)
- Providing more information by email and internet, reducing printed documents
In our planning
We have designed a number of itineraries that reduce the dependency on vehicles. Also, we now have a variety of activities that allow cultural interaction with proceeds helping the community.
- Walking, hiking and trekking safaris
- Fly-in safaris (saving the need for vehicles driving long distances)
- Community activities where our safari participants get involved
In our workshops
We have taken a number of steps in our workshops to make sure that we can reduce the carbon footprint created by our safaris. These include:
- Proper tyre inflation
- Engine tune-ups to improve fuel consumption
- Recycling of oil
- Driver training on driving techniques to reduce fuel usage
Ranger Safaris considers the importance of protecting the environment and the communities in which we operate as one of our highest priorities. We participate in a wide range of initiatives that foster development of the people of Africa ranging from sponsorship of students to visits to communities. Our travellers’ visits generate revenue for the communities to invest in locally managed projects.
We have a number of guidelines that our staff follow to reduce the consumption of paper and other consumables wherever possible. We look to recycle at every opportunity in all areas of our business to help save our planet.
Past efforts have included student scholarships, eye clinics, reforestation projects, water for villages and water dam projects in the bush. We have built relationships with a number of orphanages and schools helping the future of Africa stay bright